Friday 5 September 2014

Pastel Rainbow Hair Extensions! Aliexpress haul & review ♡

Pastel hair has been a major trend these past few years, and the army of pink haired lovelies does not seem to be diminishing. To a girl who dreamt of having the lightest pink hair ever since I was a just a little one, this is a fantastic thing! I love seeing lavender, powder blue, silver and light turquoise heads all over Instagram and in my bloglovin' feed - it makes me feel like the world is a bit more magical, inhabited by all these fairies!

 
  Being a tan skinned brunette with Indian and African heritage I knew I was fighting a losing battle when I decided to finally go for it and achieve this look for myself. After already dying my hair to the frazzled blonde point-of-no-return I realised that my work would never permit me to wear any 'unnatural colours.' Finally, I decided that perhaps I should stop playing with chemicals (and fighting The Man) and just get a temporary solution.

Ruining my hair at Hue on Balmoral Rd Auckland - They're actually a really nice salon and offer 'perfect tea,' a very elusive substance outside of one's own home :)

So I scoured the internets for 'pastel ombre clip-in hair extensions' and found myself on good old Chinese exporters, Aliexpress:


It's a little confusing to navigate, but they offer 76 different colours of hair extensions at varying lengths. I was drawn to the ombre colours because I find them easier to blend into my hair. I chose the colours I wanted and added the number codes and how many of each I wanted in the message to seller. My order of 42 individual 28'' extensions came to US$37.80 with free shipping. You can see the listing and my order details below (the new listing has changed to 2pcs lot, so I showed 21 lots of 28'' hair extensions):



Amazing result: they had all the colours that I had chosen in stock, posted to me really fast, and didn't get any wrong except for erring in my favour by giving me an extra piece of the dark pink/ light pink ombre! You can find the seller Eagle Fashion Ltd Company here or the link to this re-listing here

And here are the beauties:

In case you're interested, the colours that I requested were 45, 47, 57, 64, 66 , 70, 76 and I only got six pieces of each. This is due to me being unable to commit to any particular colour and wanting to see them in person before buying a proper amount of any.

Because my hair has now grown out into the obligatory ombre, the best I can achive with these extensions is a 'my little pony' gradient. Now that I am no longer employed by a large hotel company I constantly dye the blonde part of my hair light pink, so am mainly drawn to the pink extensions.

 

Also from Aliexpress I picked up a five-clip extension in the same colour as the pink ombre above:


This larger clip-in helps to tie the whole look together. I bought it from here. ..and this is a quick sequence which shows me putting the hair extensions in:


 I put the larger piece in right at the bottom over a thin layer of hair, and then let down layers adding smaller pieces as I go (do you like my awesome makeshift comb-over in pic '1'?). There being only seven pieces, this does not take very long :)

Although ideally I would grow super long naturally pastel pink hair, I like the effect of these extensions. I think that already having an ombre to pink helps to blend the extensions in to my hair a little bit.  As the extensions are longer than my severely layered hair, they add to the effect that my hair goes from brown to a very light pink.
And this is the result:


 My little ragdoll Chloe doing some stretches while her mummy appears to be hypnotised by the wall:


Verdict: Highly recommended if you want to have colourful hair but are unable to dye it!

I hope you enjoyed this review! Please let me know what you think and link me to your blogs with  coloured hair extension posts, I would love to see how you achieve My Little Pony hair without dying it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this useful information. Love your blog!!!
    http://www.blackhairclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the turnout! Fashion is evolving really well when it comes to trendy hairstyles. In any case, I think using hair extensions is the best way to change your look without having to go through too much trouble. Thanks for sharing that! Stay gorgeous! :)

    Tommy Clark @ Her Hair Company Inc.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like to have a gander at:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...