Tuesday 23 September 2014

ASOS Haul - Boys Suck Vest, Bikinis, Shorts & Bows

So I finally did it! My first filmed haul is up on YouTube featuring major bargains which were all still in stock when I last checked #feelingawesome

Check out the video HERE:


Boys Suck Swing Vest:

 I have been after this 'Boys Suck' Asos Swing Vest since I saw it on Cutie Pie Marzia many months ago - but I didn't know where it was from! I'm sure she's the sweetest person in the world, but when you have 4 million followers you can't answer all their questions, so I decided to just wait and see.... And lo and behold it popped up for sale for about NZ$18, which is ridiculously well priced :)

The material is a nice simple cotton, I love the soft peach colour and the ribbon print with the cheeky slogan. I'm not usually a fan of big armholes as I can't quite pull off side-boob, so I sized down to a 6 for this to minimise damage. It fits like a dream, and I insist that it will go with everything.

♡ ASOS Swing Vest with Boys Suck Ribbon Print - HERE

Scalloped Shorts:

Lets talk about scalloped shorts. I went a bit mad and got three pairs because I have a tendency to do this when online shopping. If things are well priced and shipping is free, I will buy similar items to make sure I like at least one. Of course this is heavily flawed logic, but I can't seem to help myself! I love any sort of detailing at the bottom of miniskirts and shorts: Pom poms, lace trim, or any sort of fancy edge, I'm a sucker for details.

The nude ones are a soft chiffon and are very classy and ladylike. I can imagine teaming these with a blazer and minimalist heels for a 'sofisticated' look (or it would be sophisticated if I could pull off anything remotely resembling sophistication haha).

The dusty blue ones are a more casual cotton and I can pair them with a T-shirt, boho fringed vest and sneakers or chunky heels for a cute laid back outfit.

The black ones are black and therefore will go with everything. I can dress them up, down or sideways, and simply curse those linen creases as they appear. Although these are versatile, this is the one item in my order that I would return if I could be bothered to - I'm untidy enough as a person, having clothing with such a natural disposition to crease will not do me many favours. But what the hey, they still fit well, and as I said, black is black blah blah.
I got all three pairs in a size '8'

♡ ASOS PETITE Nude Shorts With Scallop Hem - HERE
♡ ASOS Dusky Blue Shorts with Scallop Hem - HERE
♡ ASOS PETITE Black Shorts in Linen with Scallop Hem - HERE

Next I got two bikinis:
These are soo pretty, fit amazingly well and I have never actually owned a bikini that was sized in 'Bra Sizes.' I am pretty sure I will never go back to impractical string bikinis now that I've discovered the joys of owning a bikini that gives proper support. It's so much more flattering, and if I don't have to worry about the pitfalls of wearing a flimsy bikini so much the better. The only issue is that I sized down to a UK6 (due to size availability issues) on the pink bikini bottoms, which made them just a bit too small. And when I say a bit I mean a lot.

♡ ASOS Mix and Match Pink Spot Longline Bandeau Bikini Top - HERE
♡ ASOS Mix and Match Pink Hipster Bikini Pant - HERE
♡ ASOS Yellow Lotus Floral Longline Bikini Top - HERE
♡ ASOS Yellow Lotus Floral Loop Side Bikini Pant - HERE

Finally I couldn't resist topping my order off with a few beautiful bows:
The big grey one on the left is a necktie and I think it adds a cute touch to collared shirts & blouses. Not much to say abou the hair bows on the right, they are just adorable :) They are great quality for the price and I have never owned a bow quite like the big dusky pink one - it has an allagator back and the material is thick giving an soft faux suede appearence.

♡ ASOS Hair Bow with Faux Pearls - HERE
♡ ASOS Dusky Rose Big Bow Hair Clip - HERE
♡ ASOS Oversized Bow Neck Tie - HERE

That's all for my little ASOS haul, let me know if you were compelled to buy anything after witnessing these beautiful bargains and have a lovely weeek!

2 comments:

  1. those scalloped shorts! i was eyeing these ones on the Iconic for ages but they were $30+ i think and was waiting for a sale...and now my size is sold out :( I'm really tempted to get the black ones on asos now but I'm worried about sizing! I like my shorts to be really fitted aha but dont want to be too tight.. (btw is audrina my name on here is different i know haha :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Audriiiiiina! If i could buy again I would skip the the black linen scalloped and get the black chiffon version instead (same as the nude ones but in black) even though they cost a bit more - this is just because I can't be asked to iron anything ever and the chiffon ones stay crease free forever!! :) I'd have to say that none of the shorts I bought are fitted cause I recently went up a size and have been on the lookout for stuff that hides it >.< haha! xx

      Delete

You might also like to have a gander at:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...