Tuesday 9 September 2014

OOTD featuring Missguided Sequin Maxi Skirt - Mermaid Casual


This skirt is sooo lush! I first saw it in a YouTube video by Amy Valentine and decided (as I do with most items that I can use free shipping to justify) that I would own it. Here I mismatched it with an oversized casual melty heart T-shirt from Aliexpress (I think it is a knockoff of one that H&M did a while back). As you may know by now, I love juxtaposing items in my wardrobe and I think that such an attention-grabbing skirt needs to be toned down by the rest of the look. I also felt that showing the shoes would ruin the 'mermaid effect' so I wore medium heels in black that can remain hidden and unnoticeable when they peep out :) I have rather narrow hips, but the sequins give the illusion of bigger curves. This skirt does not have a cut in it, and only the slightest bit of stretch; I have to get around with little baby steps when I wear it! (Makes me feel all high maintenance ◡‿◡✿)

 Sinaeo Sequin Maxi Skirt AU$41.98 - Missguided  Sold out online :(
Melted Heart T-shirt Sz M US$10.35 - Aliexpress here

More Pics & Accessories:






Accessories:


 I have been addicted to wearing this vermeil (gold over sterling silver) crystal point by Lilly's Offering - It just goes with everything! It is so cheap, the international shipping is very reasonable and the quality is just amazing. The pendant comes all by itself so you have to use your own chain to wear it. I bought a gold vermeil one from Ebay. I wouldn't recommend doing this as there is very little quality control for buying precious metals on Ebay and although this serves its purpose: a)it is very thin and tangles on everything b)I am not even sure if it really is vermeil. I would suggest buying a chain from an Etsy seller instead, as their quality control is stricter. I have decided to hold onto a few Spirit Charms from my line of cuties for 'reaserch purposes.' 

Small Flourite Crystal Point NZ$11.52 - Lilly's Offering on Etsy
Little Mew Charm Necklace - My Store ;)

Go ahead and link me to your outfit posts in the comments below so I can come check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like to have a gander at:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...